Friday, July 09, 2010

Crazy for this song!! ♥


                    I know it may sound weird coz it seems like impossible for a person like me getting addicted to this football anthem. The song Wavin Flag by K'naan is so catchy that I can't help myself from listening to it over and over again till my head bangs with those thumping sound of the great football song. Well, it's just a song; a piece of art from Africa and I don't even like football though, and people might say that it's unfortunate to not liking this beautiful game. I don't know how beautiful this game is, but I know this anthem of Football WorldCup is so beautiful. Yes, indeed it is. I accidentally heard this song from a CM on TV9 and I was like, "Wow, what a beautiful song!"  Never been addicted to any song this much. Gee~ ♥♥♥♥♥


Give me freedom
Give me fire
Give me reason take me higher
See the champions take the field now
You define us make us feel proud

In the streets
our heads are lifting,
As we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, it's around us,
every nation all around us,

Singing forever young,
Singing songs underneath that sun,
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game,
And together at the end of the day,
We all say,

When I get older,
I will be stronger,
they'll call me freedom,
just like the waving flag,
and then it goes back,
and then  it goes back,
and then it goes back,
and then it goes,

When I get older,
I will be stronger,
They'll call me freedom,
Just like the waving flag,
and then it goes back,
and then  it goes back,
and then it goes back....

No matter how I see this song, all I could say is that it's all about the unity of the people from all over the world. Well, football does bring those people to gather around and celebrate the game of their common interest. It is one of the good and healthy ways to bringing people from various races and countries together in harmony. For me, football is not my forte like many people out there who have a very deep crave for this game. All I know is Spain would meet Netherlands this very coming week. Seems like millions of people out there is looking forward to watching this imminent match. Well, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

mellow melodies

where you can reach me.

where you can reach me.

Followers